What would you recommend for a glypher who has no floor? i have used the floors and ceilings and now currently employs a glyph wall to hold prices at the bottom of my threshold but one toon stands out at undercutting no matter the price.
Ok Critical admits he corrected some spelling and grammar, but 99.9% is what he posted. Quick fire Critical comments:
1. All glyphers have a floor. We pros refer to it as the "real floor". There are 2 ways to define a glypher's real floor:
- it is the price that he stops undercutting you at eg you post a solid wall (all glyphs) at 15g, and he stops undercutting. 15g is his real floor.
- it is the price that he buys out your glyphs eg you post a solid wall at 14g, he starts buying out some of your glyphs (the ones he thinks are popular and can be resold for profit). 14g is his real floor.
You havnt found his real floor because, to use an extreme example to prove a point, if you drove prices down to 5g he would be buying you out left right center.
2. The reason why you havnt found his real floor could be because you have not dropped your wall prices low enough. You may not have dropped your prices low enough because you have poorer Buying skills than him, and have a high craft cost therefore your own real floor is high and you cannot afford to drive the price down to find out your competitor's real floor.
3. If he can continue to post glyphs lower than you it usually means one of 2 things:
- he has a better Buy/Make Team than you and can craft cheaper
- your walls are not robust/solid/clean enough, and hes getting some high sales through some holes in your walls and he's doesnt mind selling other glyphs super cheap to annoy/drive/squeeze other competition.
Critical Advice? There are 3 departments to run a successful and competitive glyph business. 90% of glyphers focus on the Selling team. You need to definitely work on having a better Buying team (and maybe Making while you're at it) than your competitor.
THANKS GUYS FOR ASKING GREAT QUESTIONS!!!!
After intensive surveying and sending out thousands of questionnaires and collating answers (no not really), here are (in quick fire format)...
Critical has been thinking about this for a while since the Gold Queen's first RL post , and after that the daily bombardments of gold p...
Critical may be grumps but a plea for help is a plea for help.
If you dont ask you wont receive, that's one of Critical's mottos. Because you asked how do you correctly wall with TSM (well not r...
Gold Two : [ the Y-wings are running the gauntlet toward the Death Star reactor-port ] The guns - they've stopped! Gold Five : [ realiz...
The sudden spate of glyphing posts on TUJ is making Critical itchy. Twitchie's 2 character post makes Critical super itchy. W...
Last week Critical managed to sort out his sales data and finally figured out the actual worst selling 28 glyphs of all time. Holywarrior ...
Well actually I just made that catchy title up. Glyph walls are the bomb though. Remember Undercutting was the new kid on the block and anyo...
Stats for the 7 days ending 28 July 2012:
Hola Critical Fans. As promised here is the unbiased Critical review of Croda's Incription Guide Paid Version herein lovingly referr...